Pages

Sunday 6 February 2011

Bon Voyage! (Or maybe I should say dehina walu!)


That is a picture of me being happy and un-stressed the day before I leave because... everything is packed! My weekend was crazy with an early-Valentine's Day party that Grace and I threw, so a lot of my packing had to be done Saturday night and Sunday morning. My parents let me stay home from church, so I was able to have the house to myself as I did my devotions, cleaned my room, and finished packing. This afternoon I was free to tromp around outside, eat way too much kettle corn, and beat Eli in battleship. 
A big thank you to all of you who have called, emailed, texted, or sent me a note saying that you're thinking of me and praying. It's been a huge blessing! Also, a big welcome to anyone who's reading this because my grandparents told you about it. :) 
Tonight I'm planning on finishing up my psychology reading (I have my first exam the morning after I get home... not quite sure how that's going to work yet), watching the Super Bowl until I get sick of it, and enjoying my family. Tomorrow I don't need to be at the airport until 12:30, so I'm going to try to go to the gym tomorrow morning and get all exercised-out before my EIGHTEEN HOURS OF FLYING. That's not even counting the layover time in Amsterdam or the brutal time waiting for visas in the Ethiopian airport. Yay. Prayer would be nice. As would efficient Ethiopian government officials. One can dream...
Well, may the next time you hear from me be in Ethiopia!!! Until then... selam lenante yehun!

No comments:

Post a Comment